Within the framework of Erasmus+ program new project “Coaches of SMEs: 5POINTS Trainings” has been started since September 2014 at Business Engineering and Management Institute of Engineering Economics and Management Faculty of Riga Technical University.
The project brought together nine partners, among them universities, associations and business partners from five countries:
- Ondokuz Mayis University (Turkey)
- Gazi University (Turkey)
- Mugla Sitki Kocman University (Turkey)
- Selcuk University (Turkey)
- Riga Technical University (Latvia),
- Samsun Young Businessman Association (Turkey)
- Fundación Fundecyt Parque Científico y Tecnológico de Extremadura (Spain)
- Trusted Business Partners Kft (Hungary)
- Pirkanmaan ammattikorkeakoulu Ltd. (Finland)
The objectives of the project are:
- to bring innovative SME understanding and help them to produce solutions for their own problems.
- to help SMEs to get trained for commercializing and transforming innovation and creativeness into economic value; so that they can advise business world about SME solutions compliant with EU standards.
- to have turned SME coaching into a business management tool, taking the lead in terms of decision making, risk management, financial reporting corresponding to reality and developing efficient control mechanisms.
- to help SMEs to form collaboration networks enabling the growth of unique design and innovation activities so that SMEs rank higher in global value chain with their high value added products and services; production of knowledge and innovation as well as creativeness; and developing entrepreneurship.
The project end date is August 31, 2016.